Our guest accommodation is fully self-contained and located on a quite working organic farm which includes our café and farm shop. The two bed-roomed apartment (sleeps seven) is fully equipped and has modern decor with lots of light and many comfort extras including underfloor heating and a wood fire pellet stove. Guests have access to a private garden with seating and bbq.
Evening meals and or cooked breakfast are available by advance booking. A seasonal welcome basket will greet you on arrival.
The accommodation is located close to Clara Bog Visitor Center, Lough Boora, Esker Hills Golf Club, the Midlands National Shooting Range, Birr Castle , The Grand Canal Greenway, Clonmacnoise Visitor Centre and Bay Sports to name but a few of the local attractions.
The farm is located beside a designated area of special interest and nature reserve with lots of walks and bike trails. On the farm there is a bird and wildlife sanctuary with organic food available to buy and eat in the onsite farm shop and cafe.
All you need to know
The house is located down a private avenue on private grounds with ample free parking.. It is a quiet, rural picturesque area with only a few neighbours. Fully Covid 19 compliant with a private garden and members of Bord Failte Safety Standard.
Local Tourist Attractions Include:
- 3 miles from Clara Bog Visitor Center
- 4 miles from Grand Canal Greenway
- 0.5 mile from the new Clara Bog Walk, Doory Way, Clara Esker and bike trail.
- Lough Boora – Outdoor Sculpture Discovery Park – 10 km
- Esker Hills Golf Club – 5 km
- Midlands National Shooting Range – 8 km
- Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre 12 km.
- 13km from National Ploughing Championships when located in Offaly.
Apartment Location marked on Google Maps:
Parking: Free private driveway parking.
Featuring a DVD player, the apartment has a fully kitted out kitchen with a microwave, a fridge/freezer and an oven with grill, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 2 bedrooms (sleep 7) and 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath. A flat-screen smart TV with satellite channels is featured with an x-box and games for children. Many DVDs and games for rainy days. A barbecue can be found at Gormanstown House Apt, The Island, along with a terrace and private garden which is Covid 19 secure.
Full list of Apt Features:
- Kitchen – fully equipped, Essentials/Cooking basics salt/pepper etc. Full delph sets, cups, plates, mugs glasses etc. Coffee maker – Microwave – Oven – Refrigerator – Freezer stocked with ice. Washing machine. TV with satellite connection. Seating for 7 with extendable table.
- Bedrooms – All beds new and with orthopedic mattresses. Dedicated workspace in master bedroom for remote working. (desk with lan cable), hair dryer, hangers, iron & ironing board.
- Seating/Living Area: TV -Smart XBOX, many DVD’S, games, puzzles and playing cards.
- Wifi Free and high speed fiber broadband in whole apartment.
- Safety Features – Carbon monoxide alarm – Fire extinguisher – First aid kit – Smoke alarm x 2, Stove Extinguisher.
- Heating – Stove – Wood Pellet, Heating – underfloor, hot water available 24hrs.
- Outside Features: Private entrance front (ramp) and back – BBQ grill. Single level home – wheelchair accessible via ramp to front of property. Free parking on premises. Private secure garden.
- Free use of picnic basket with flask and rug.
- Food – Breakfast, lunch & dinner options by advance booking at an extra charge.
Breakfast & dinner
Continental and à la carte breakfast options are available every morning at the apartment.
Dinner available by advance booking, menus updated daily in line with seasonal vegetables and organic produce available on the farm. All beef and lamb used in our restaurant is from our own certified organic farm.
Farm Shop open to suit clients via text. In our farm shop you will find a wide range of organic lamb, beef, chicken, jams, chutneys, sauces and apple juice. Eggs both duck and hen are available to purchase from our honesty box which is replenished daily to use during your stay or to bring home as a keepsake or gift. Wrapping and delivery service available.